Be it being transferred to a place where you always wanted to live or be it having to leave the lovely apartment you had been living happily in, both situations in spite of having a stark difference in their moods, have the same entailment: moving. Now, whatever be the reason behind it, unless you’re Monica from F.R.I.E.N.D.S., deep down you know you hate it. It involves a whole lot of boxes, tapes and most importantly, patience.
But here’s a secret nobody told you. With the help of some tricks and hacks, it may not seem as daunting a task as it did earlier.
1. Do Your Homework: It is advised to do a little research as to which movers are the best around your area. The most important and hardest part of moving may seem to be the packing up of the stuff into boxes but that’s not the case. Actually moving the boxes safely to the desired destination is the most crucial part of the moving process because that is something that will not be under your supervision and could only be done the way you like it if you hire Calgary movers you can trust. So in this case, ball’s totally in your court.
2. Do Not Procrastinate: Do not plan a trip if you have to move in a few days! People tend to push the packing till they are left with no other option than to pack in absolute haste and then everything’s a mess. Clear your schedule way before the last minute and make sure you are left with plenty of time dedicated only to packing your stuff.
3. Don’t Leave Everything Up To The Movers: If you are one of those people who tend to think that the movers would help you pack the stuff you couldn’t have the time to, sorry to break your bubble, but you’re mistaken. In fact, this is one of the things that upset the movers the most.
4. Pack Your Belongings Smartly: While packing, our main focus is on the fact that we all we have to do is just to, well, ‘pack’ everything up. No matter how we do it. That is not the way to do it. You should always chalk out a plan as to what things can go together in the same box and what things cannot. Also, you should divide the weight between different boxes. Putting all the heavy things in one box just shows hoe thoughtlessly you have done your part in the process of moving.
5. Label The Boxes: This step will prove to be extremely helpful to you as well as for the movers. Once you label them, the movers will know which boxes are to be handled with what amount of care. Do remember to write ‘fragile’ on the ones that need to be handled with extra care. Also, it would be helpful for them if you labelled as to which direction the boxes should be lifted in. It may not seem like it, but these little hacks can make moving easier for both you and the movers. Once you have moved, labeling would also help you in figuring out what boxes you need to open as soon as you reach the destination and in what order.
6. Keep The Area Clean: A lot of people tend to leave the place, from where they are moving, like a tornado-stricken area once they are done with packing. But they don’t realize how messy it becomes for the movers to get the boxes out when all the other stuff block their way.
7. Provide An Appropriate Spot For The Truck: Talk to your landlord or your neighbors or whomever you need to, to get a good spot for the parking of the Calgary movers’ truck so that the boxes can be carried comfortably to it.
8. Do Not Hover: Movers are there to help make it easier for you to move from one place to another. And you pay them too. But that doesn’t mean you can are allowed to hover. Let them do their task peacefully.
9. Do Not Disappear: This is actually in the continuation of the last point but exactly opposite. You shouldn’t hover. But then, you shouldn’t let them be all on their own either! You should guide them without getting in their way.
10. Number Your Boxes: This will prevent both you and the movers from leaving behind some stuff accidentally.
11. Leave Behind the Things You Can: It is a well-known fact- the less the baggage, the easier it is to move on!
It’s always exciting to move to a new place. After all, new place, new vibes and thus, new life!